CALL US: (858) 485-0044 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
Rancho Bernardo Invisalign - Clear Braces
Rancho Bernardo dental patients are enjoying straighter teeth and a healthier bite thanks to Invisalign® Provider, Dr. Mary Afzali. Invisalign is an innovative alternative to traditional metal braces, using custom-crafted, form-fitting dental trays. They offer a completely clear-colored and removable solution to a more beautiful smile and a more confident you. At our dental practice we are proud to have Dr. Afzali, who has been recognized as the premier Invisalign provider in Rancho Bernardo and continues to correct smiles for patients who choose this alternative clear aligner procedure.
What is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® is a viable alternative to traditional braces. Clear aligning trays are used to straighten the teeth; this method is not only more comfortable for the wearer than traditional braces but also far more discreet. Invisalign® trays are removable for more convenient oral health care and while eating. For best results, the aligners need to be in place for 22 hours each day. Every two weeks on average, you change to a new aligning tray. The result? Straight teeth in less time than you ever imagined possible!
Advantages of Invisalign®
Invisalign® is one of the most popular ways to straighten the teeth, and for good reason. Some of the advantages of Invisalign® include:
- No unsightly metal on your teeth
- Aligning trays are painless
- Discreet appearance — no one has to know
- Oral hygiene can be maintained as normal
- Follow-up appointments are only every 2-3 months
If you’ve always wanted straighter teeth but hated the idea of braces, Invisalign® might be the perfect choice for you.
Are You A Candidate for Rancho Bernardo Invisalign?
From beginning to end, Invisalign® treatment can last 12-18 months (similar to traditional orthodontics). The success of your treatment relies on several different factors, all of which we’ll carefully examine during your consultation to determine your candidacy:
- Are your teeth and gums healthy? – If you exhibit signs of a cavity or gingivitis in addition to your crooked teeth, then you might need treatment for the condition before you can begin your Invisalign® treatment. Ideally, your teeth and oral tissues should be in optimal health before we begin to realign them.
- Do you have any bite problems? – Besides the obvious effects of crooked teeth, tooth misalignment can also lead to several types of problems with your bite. For example, you might grind your teeth often, due to the imbalance; or experience pain and aching in your jaw joints – conditions that we’ll have to examine carefully before suggesting Invisalign® aligners.
- How severe are your crooked teeth? – While Invisalign® is highly effective at addressing most cases of malocclusion, some severe cases might require traditional orthodontic braces to correct them. During your exam, we’ll carefully diagnose your malocclusion and determine if Invisalign® will be successful at treating it.
Invisalign® Process in Rancho Bernardo
Dr. Mary F. Afzali and her staff have ample experience helping patients achieve the brilliant smiles they’ve always wanted; Dr. Afzali is highly involved in the process of straightening teeth with Invisalign®. Although some patients will need impressions taken, the vast majority of imaging is done with a digital scanner. All patients are first put through a qualification process to ensure Invisalign® is the best option.
Invisalign Treatment FAQ's
Invisalign® clear aligners vs. braces
Invisalign® aligners are a removable and virtually invisible alternative to braces. The aligners are much more comfortable than wire braces and people may not even notice you’re wearing them. You can remove them to enjoy your favorite foods such as biting into an apple, gum, or popcorn, and continue to brush and floss as normal.
How long does Invisalign® treatment – Full take?
Invisalign® treatment can be completed in as little as six months, however, average treatment lengths vary from 12 to 18 months, typically about the same treatment time as conventional braces. Your personal treatment may vary depending on your needs and will be determined by your dentist.
How often must I wear the Invisalign® aligners?
Invisalign® aligners should be worn day and night, except when eating, brushing, and flossing. We recommend the aligners be worn 20 – 22 hours per day.
Does Invisalign treatment hurt?
During the first day that you use each set of Invisalign® aligners, you may feel some discomfort. Don’t worry, that’s normal. That’s because the aligner is gently moving your teeth. In most cases, the discomfort passes within the first day.
How do I get started?
Getting started is easy. Give us a call, schedule online, or just walk in to our Rancho Bernardo office for a free consultation. The dentist will create a personalized treatment plan just for you.
Schedule A Rancho Bernardo Invisalign Consultation
RB Family and Cosmetic Dentistry in Rancho Bernardo not only handles Invisalign® but a variety of other dental procedures as well. Dr. Afzali and her team offer preventative dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, laser dentistry, and more. Whether you are due for a cleaning or want to restore your smile to its once brilliant glory, RB Family and Cosmetic Dentistry is here to help! Schedule your appointment by calling 858-769-5349. Contact us today!